Can you help train the next generation of Irish Sailing instructors?
Irish Sailing are now seeking potential candidates to join the instructor Trainer panel for the Small Boat Sailing Scheme
Candidates should have a significant depth and range of experience instructing over a range of age groups and organisations using Irish Sailing training schemes.
Candidates should have a proven ability to deliver training in a structured, methodical way demonstrating consistent best practice.
Candidates should be prepared to commit availability to deliver instructor courses throughout the county over the coming years, particularly during the peak training periods of Easter and October mid-term.
Candidates must be available to attend the Sport Ireland Instructor Developer programme taking place at a venue to be confirmed on the following dates;
October 6th – 8th,
November 10th – 12th, &
December 8th – 10th.
Upon acceptance to the training programme candidates will be required to make a contribution of €300 towards the cost of the Sport Ireland Instructor Developer Course.
Pre-requisites for entry to the Trainer training process
Candidates will have ...
- Held the relevant Irish Sailing Senior Instructor qualification for at least 5 years
- Be able to provide evidence of having worked as an instructor in at least 3 different organisations including clubs and commercial providers
- Two recommendations from Centre Principals of Irish Sailing Training Centres.
Instructor qualifications required by Instructor trainers ...
Small Boat Sailing Scheme
- Advanced Instructor Endorsement
- Senior Instructor
- Powerboat Instructor
The criteria on which the selection of candidates is based will include:
- Current qualifications held
- Quantity of training delivery experience in the relevant scheme
- Depth of training delivery experience in the relevant scheme
- Evidence of previous engagement with and development of Irish Sailing training programmes
- Additional expertise or experience in other fields which may contribute to the development of Irish Sailing training programmes
Factors in addition to a candidate’s ability may be considered when selecting new Instructor Trainer candidates.
These may include;
- Their geographic location
- The balance of the trainers appointed in that scheme with regard to diversity factors.
- A candidate’s availability to run instructor courses and actively participate in the activities of a Trainer.
Letter of application and relevant C.V. should be emailed to email@example.com, closing date 23/6/23