What We Do
Irish Sailing is the national governing body for sailing, powerboating and windsurfing. Our aim is to develop, support and promote sailing, through our core values of Inspiration, Representation and Participation.
- Expertise: We answer your questions ! Irish Sailing receives an average of 12,500 calls and face-to-face enquiries each year via our offices and the Regional Development Officers out on the road, on every element of the sport including cruising, technical, legal, racing and training questions.
- Home to High Performance: the Irish Sailing Performance team guides sailing programmes along the Performance Pathway from Junior through to Olympic level.
- Training & Coaching: We maintain standards of training and coaching. There are 105 x Irish Sailing Training Centres running internationally recognised courses, certificates and qualifications (including “Try Sailing” for new sailors, “Women on the Water” campaign, and “Sailability” for our disabled sailors).
- Racing: Races need Irish Sailing trained race officials. We train all Race Officials, mark layers, safety boat crews and protest committees. We manage all handicaps and ratings, and thus ensuring that Ireland holds internationally respected race systems and qualifications.
- Freedom on the water: We protect your freedom on the water. Irish Sailing lobby and represent our sport at a local, national and international level to ensure that we protect and promote safe and successful watersports around the country, and allow us to enjoy the water without layers of legislation and regulation.
- Discounts: All Irish Sailing members are eligible for discounts on services such as ICC and Commercial Endorsements, as well as practicalities such as sea ferry transport, chandlery, marina fees, and car purchase schemes. All details are on our page here.