Senior Instructor Assimilation / Re-Validation Programme 2022
The Irish Sailing Senior Instructor Assimilation Programme was introduced in 2015 in response to the shortage of qualified Senior Instructors particularly during the peak Club junior training programme period. The aim was to allow those who had previously held a Grade A or SI qualification and with experience in that role, but whose qualifications had lapsed and not been active in that role for some time, to revalidate the qualification.
With the return of foreign travel this summer there are pressures on Senior Instructor availability and so the programme is again being offered ahead of the 2022 season.
It is important that participants in this programme have an appreciation for the role of the Senior Instructor in an Irish Sailing Training Centre as well as a familiarity with the ethos of Irish Sailing training programmes and the instructor training process. This is to ensure that there is a consistency of approach across Irish Sailing schemes in Irish Sailing Training Centres.
To ensure that candidates for the assimilation programme have the appropriate blend of sailing, organisational, training and interpersonal skills to be able to undertake the above rolls the following criteria for applicants will be applied. Candidates who do not meet these criteria may instead be eligible for the normal 5 day Irish Sailing Senior Instructor training course, which remains the primary means of achieving Senior Instructor certification.
In order to apply you must meet the following criteria
- Former ISA / IYA Grade A instructor
- Irish Sailing Senior instructor lapsed greater than 3 yrs
- Senior Instructor qualification from other nation sailing NGB (RYA, FFV etc)* where valid Irish Sailing instructorship is held
- Age 25 + with valid Irish Sailing instructor qualification and minimum of 3yrs experience in an organisation undertaking supervision of sail training activity, to be supported by log and two industry references
The following Pre-requisites are also required
- Safetyboat Certificate
- Valid Emergency Care Certificate
- Valid Safeguarding 1 Certificate
- Current Irish Sailing Garda Vetting
The training course will take place over 2 days on the weekend of May 21st & 22nd at a venue to be confirmed once participants are identified. Cost €125
In order to register your interest please complete the form at the link here by May 6th
For any further information email firstname.lastname@example.org