As part of 2022 NGB Dormant Accounts Fund, Sport Ireland will provide a €2,000,000 ‘Sport for All’ Disability Supports Club Fund. The Scheme will be open to the affiliated clubs of Sport Ireland Recognised National Governing Bodies only.
This fund offers every club affiliated with a Sport Ireland recognised National Governing Body an opportunity to provide inclusive opportunities for participation for people with a disability. It will provide funding supports for local clubs to connect in a meaningful way with their community, potentially even building the club’s own community over time through the inclusion of people with a disability in all club activities. Irish Sailing in celebration of this years wonderful Watersport Inclusion Games is delighted to invite your Club to apply HERE.
Application will close Sunday 21st August.
Irish Sailing may then assess applications and provide support in time for Sport Ireland’s Submission Deadline of 31st August.
When considering the provision of funding to Clubs, Irish Sailing will consider the following:
- Technical merits of the Clubs application (quality, detail, sustainability etc.)
- Size and strategic importance of the Club within the sport (membership numbers, area, facility sharing, existing diversity of activity & membership)
- Existing Club engagement with Irish Sailing
- Level, scope, and track record of Inclusive Programme delivery by the Club
- Existing Governance, Financial and Safeguarding Self-Assessment Compliance model within the Club
For further information please contact Ciarán at email@example.com or 087 8800744 (Anytime After 15th August)
Top Picture : Emma Ruddock - Bray Sailing Club Assistant Instructor volunteering at the Watersports Inclusion Games 2022.
Bottom Picture: Particpants enjoying the Johnny T accessible powerboat.