Overcoming Challenges is the theme for this year's Cruising Conference
Saturday 19 February 2022
5pm to 8pm on ZOOM
€5 entry - all for RNLI
We invite you to join us on the high seas with four incredible skippers as they share some of the challenges they experienced on their adventures and how they overcame them. All on zoom in the comfort of your living room. Slide on the slippers and join ...
- Peter Lawless sharing "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
- Ellen Cahill with that great message all sailors are well aware of "Expect the Unexpected in the Atlantic"
- Garry Crothers the man that really did sail "Single Handed Across the Atlantic"
- Rob Henshall shares stories with Norman Keane on effects of "Exhaustion and Sleep Deprivation"
Interviews, stories, video and images, followed by a chance for you to join in with questions and answers.
There will also be a few break-out rooms for you to join the sailors and other specialists for some great advice on ...
- flying your drone,
- releasing yourself from an unexpected pot!
Tickets are €5 and all the proceeds will go the RNLI.
Every ticket holder is entered to win an amazing package of goodies wortth €380 thanks to Union Chandlery. Carefully selected to make sure you are prepared for your adventures this summer ...
- Lewmar One Touch Powergrip Winch Handle (we all love this)
- Vetrus Waterproof Binoculars (even if you already have a pair, two makes to sets of eyes)
- Odea Distress Led Flare with Infra Red Lithium Batteries (lets hope you never need it)
We have 3 books from ICC Publications AND 2 nights in a Marina Pod at Kilrush Marina
Thanks also goes out to our faithful supporters of Cruising Association of Ireland and Kilrush Marina.
Once again we are making this a fundraiser for the RNLI. The entry fee is €5, but we have set the eventbrite so you can donate more if you like.