The Online Race Event Management Course was a Great Success
From Montreal, Massachusetts and Malta to Melbourne and Malaysia they came ! 96 delegates from 14 different countries around the world attended the Race Event Management online course last night hosted by RDO Sarah Louise Rossiter and race management veteran David Lovegrove.
The evening covered the disciplines of Race Management, Event Preparation, Signalling and much more with David playing a blinder with clear presentation slides and explanations that were understood by newcomers and veterans alike. The atmosphere online was brilliant and attendee feedback gives us a good indication of course satisfaction …
“David Lovegrove with his 60 years of knowledge was a pleasure to listen to. He was so insightful of various areas of race management. I would definitely sign up again” enthused one of the attendees.
If you’re looking for more events, the Irish Sailing Wednesday Winter Series continues next week – the series is aimed at our broad sailing audience and we have three more in line for you this spring AND the Irish Sailing Awards to keep you entertained and informed …
- 27 January - What is “Sailianteering”? with Philip O’Reilly and Jack Hannon HERE
- 11 February - Irish Sailing Awards 2020 HERE
- 24 February - Taking Your Dinghy Racing to the Next Level with Tom Higgins HERE
- 3 March - Taking Your Cruiser Racing to the Next Level with David Cullen HERE
- 18 & 19 March - Local Safety Leader HERE
- 24 & 25 April - Regional and National Race Officer HERE
You may find the Race Officials Facebook page for race officials a useful place to hang out for courses, updates and events HERE.