August 2020 Senior Instructor Course
For Small Boat Sailing Scheme, Powerboat and Windsurfing Instructors
A great opportunity to get your Senior Instructor qualification before heading back to college and be ready for summer 2021 or you may even take on some winter contract work as clubs and centres extend their season to make up for lost training in June.
Contact Nuala in head office on email@example.com if you want to reserve a space while checking on your pre reqs.
Contact Training Development Officer Dave Garvey on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want any advice on the qualification.
There is camping and local accommodation available at the club and close by, if you need advice please contact the club directly on email@example.com.
Pre-requisites for this course are listed below - if you don't have them now then perhaps the summer is a great chance to finish a few off:
Pre Reqs for All Instructors as follows ...
- Minimum of 19 years old;
- Recommendation from a Centre Principal (SBSS);
- Recommendation from a Centre Principal (Powerboat);
- Valid first aid certificate;
- Completed a Safeguarding 1 - Child Welfare & Protection Basic Awareness Course;
- Up to date Garda Vetting clearance; and
SBSS Senior Instructor pre reqs ...
- Must hold a valid Sailing Instructor (Dinghy, Catamaran, Keelboat) Certificate;
- Must have completed the SBSS Instructor pre-entry assessment within the last 12 months; or
- hold a Small Boat Sailing Scheme Advanced Instructor qualification;
- Must hold an Irish Sailing Safety Boat Certificate;
- Must have at least 50 days working as an Irish Sailing SBSS Instructor teaching SBSS courses spread over 2 seasons in 2 or more different organisations.
Powerboat Senior Instructor pre reqs ...
Must hold a valid Powerboat Instructor Certificate;
Must have at least 26 days working as an Irish Sailing Powerboat Instructor teaching powerboat
courses spread over 2 seasons in 2 or more different organisations.
Windsurfing Senior Instructor pre reqs ...
Must hold a valid Go! Windsurfing Instructor Certificate;
Must have worked as an Irish Sailing Go! Windsurfing Instructor teaching windsurfing courses
spread over 2 seasons in 2 or more different organisations.
If you are an RYA Instructor ...
If you are joining this course as a currently qualified and valid RYA Instructor you will need to
send into Irish Sailing a copy of your currently held certificates.