Irish Sailing “Return to Sailing Phase 2 Scheme” begins on Monday 8 June
An Taoiseach today confirmed the commencement of Phase 2 of the Government Roadmap due to start on Monday 8 June. Phase 2 of our Irish Sailing “Return to Sailing Scheme” is now updated to outline the measures that sailing, windsurfing and powerboating organisations and members can put in place to ensure a safe return to the water.
The changes confirmed by the Government’s Sport Expert Group for the Return to Sailing Phase 2 (HERE) includes:
- Travel restrictions extended from 5km to 20km or within your county – whichever is greater
- Non-competitive supervised and unsupervised activity
- Group size participating in sport grows from 4 to 15 participants (including trainers and coaches)
- Mixed household crew for multi handers where social distancing can be maintained
- Irish Sailing Office is staffed in a limited capacity sufficient to provide all services (ICCs, Commercial Endorsements etc)
- Regional Development Support for clubs and centres active
The Return to Sailing Phase 2 includes updated guidelines and Risk Assessment, and a new FAQs page following consultations with clubs and centres.
There are further changes planned for the later phases, and we will update the plan as soon as we have clarity around how this might impact the return to Sailing Scheme.
As always, I welcome your feedback @firstname.lastname@example.org. Safe sailing and #sailsmart.
Harry Hermon, CEO, Irish Sailing
Useful links here ...