2020 Irish Sailing National Conference All Under One Roof
Registration is now open for your choice of conference –
1. Race Event Management and Support Conference
Promoting racing, policies and race management training. Open to anyone involved in events, not just race officials.
- Event Safety with Irish Coast Guard & Philip Scallan, National Event Safety Leader
- Event planning and teamwork – Suzanne McGarry, National Race Officer
- Running sustainable events – Gail MacAllister, Regional Development Officer
- Sources of information, guidelines and checklists – Con Murphy, International Race Officer
- LU/LJ, starting out and what is important to know – Michael O’Connor, International Judge & International Umpire
- Advanced race management – technology, equipment and what to do with it! – Mal Nowlan, National Mark Layer
- W flag, Rule 28 and open forum – Liam Maloney, National Race officer
- How to stay out of the protest room! – Mike Butterfield, RYA International Judge
- Laura Dillon – From the tiller
- Marine safety, coastal infrastructure, safety at sea – Captain Catriona Dowling, Irish Lights
- Local effects of tides on race management, tidal streams and how to predict – Dr.Tomasz Dabrowski, Marine Institute
2. Training Conference
Sessions will include preparing for the sailing season, developing instructors, improving standards and making the most of the Irish Sailing Passport. Open to all training management, volunteers and instructors.
- Scheme updates and question time
- Instructor Progression of Advanced and Senior Instructor
- Tracking progress and evaluations of sailors
- Running Advanced Module SBSS Courses
- Running Safetyboat courses
- Passport Webinar
- Connecting sailors with Passport
- Q & A and Networking
3. Club Symposium
Clubs sharing ideas to promote sailing, with sessions on Sustainability, Inclusion and Diversity, Grant Applications, Bursaries, and new programmes from Irish Sailing. Open to all club management and volunteers.
- The Future of Sailing with Irish Sailing Chief Executive Harry Hermon
- BIM FLAG Fund and what makes a great application encouraging people to utilise the next two years of funding.
- Inclusion & Diversity – real examples of how being more inclusive and diverse in your approach to new membership can benefit your club.
- Sustainability – Update on World Sailing and best club example – introduced by Gail.
- NGB Bursaries & Programmes - Team Racing, Women at the Helm and U25s Keelboat Sailing.
- LSP Funding, Programmes and supports that are available to Clubs from their local sports partnership
- Sports Capital Funding
The 2020 Conference is FREE, with an optional lunch at €15 (+booking fee)
Conferences are followed by the Irish Sailing AGM 16.30 – 17.30 and the Irish Sailing Awards17.30 – 20.00