Take the Helm Programme
We are pleased to announce our new “Take the Helm” programme for female sailors aged 16+, supported by Sport Ireland’s Women in Sport Programme, their campaign to increase female participation and progression in sport.
The Irish Sailing Take the Helm Programme will provide training, competition and infrastructure opportunities to encourage and enable women to take the helm in a variety of areas:
- Flexible training fund for women providing bursaries for a choice of training to encourage regional programmes, develop participation and increase roles of leadership. You can read more about this below
- Race Official development for women to Take the Helm in the many roles involved in Race Management and Support.
- Irish Sailing Pathfinder Women at the Helm will continue to support and highlight women’s sailing, encourage competition, retain young sailors and entice returning sailors.
- Promotion of participation: we’ll showcase role models of all levels, through storytelling, photography and videography.
Flexible Training Fund for Women
There are 24 bursaries of up to €400 each available on a first come first served basis for all Irish Sailing clubs, classes and centres.
This bursary can be used to fund fully or partially any of the following for women 16+ …
- The provision of an Irish Sailing certified women’s:
- Racing Coaching programme;
- National Powerboat Training course;
- Safety Boat Training course.
- The attendance of female instructors on any of these Irish Sailing Instructor courses:
- Senior Instructor
- Advanced Sailing Instructor
- Windsurfing Go With Style &/or Go Foil Instructor
- Powerboat &/or Safety Boat Instructor
For full details and application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To give an expression of interest in receiving the fund please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TakeTheHelmFlexibleFund
Funds will be allocated divided amongst the different training / coaching options on a first come basis.