Exploration and Discovery at the 2020 Irish Sailing Cruising Conference
Exploration and Discovery is the theme for the 2020 Irish Sailing Cruising Conference and we have some fantastic speakers lined up to share their stories and give you some guidance for your own cruising adventures.
Join us …
- National Yacht Club
- Saturday 15th February 2020
- €25 for Irish Sailing Members - €35 for non members
- BOOK HERE
- Event ticket includes hot lunch in the club dining room, coffees and refreshments throughout the day and entry to a draw for spot prizes.
This year's line up will give us a fantastic insight to their travels, along with professional advise to keep our crew and boat safe at sea.
- Met Eireann Meteorologist and Wave Expert, Sarah Gallagher, will be talking about waves and how we can forecast them and the effects they have on our shores.
- The highly respected ornithologist and Antarctic wildlife tour leader, Jim Wilson, will be sharing the story of the discovery of Antarctica by Irish man Edward Bransfield.
- Damian Foxall, Niall MacAllister and Lucy Hunt, known as Team South, are leading a series of expeditions in Antarctica this winter and will be sharing a message from the ice and give a on the ground feel for life out there.
- Jamie Young, Expedition Leader, Skipper and owner of Killary Adventure Centre will be having a “fireside” chat about his trip to Greenland and the Arctic Circle and what he has learnt from his icy adventures.
- Racing sailor and adventure cruising sailor, Christine Heath, will share her travels sailing her Sadler 28 to Holland, Sweden, Norway and Scotland these past few years. She is now nestled in Kilrush Marine and looking forward to exploring our wonderful west coast in 2020.
- Remember Vera Quinlan was heading off with her husband and children to sail round the Atlantic Circle? Vera will share a video message of their adventures so far.
- Tony O’Leary of Union Chandlery give some professional advice on anode types and galvanic corrosion and more environmentally friendly anode options.
- Norman Keane has been busy sailing round Ireland with his drone and will present a birds eye view of our ports and harbours.
- Cruising Association of Ireland will give us an insight into their plans for 2020 cruising.
- Royal Cork Yacht Club share their plans to celebrate Cork 300 with the Wild Atlantic Way Cruising in Company.
We are delighted to have Union Chandlery back on board as event sponsors for the 4 year running now and in true Union Chandlery style they will be giving away a bonus prize on the day and goodies for everyone.
Kilrush Marina and Cruising Association of Ireland are joining us again to support the event and it is with their support and Union Chandlery’s sponsorship that we can keep the entry fee down to cover bare costs and keep this fantastic event accessible to everyone.
We are limited to 100 seats, so we recommend you book soon.
The Haddington Hotel is giving us special rates for the event – email Sinead on email@example.com
The Conference will also have limited spaces for marine industry companies and agencies to promote their goods in a small expo. If you are interested in exhibiting please contact Gail on firstname.lastname@example.org.