TRY SAILING AT SEAFEST
7-9 JUNE 23019
PORT OF CORK
Get out on the water with Irish Sailing, who are offering a number of sailing activities across the weekend. Be part of the crew and get on-board a skippered Keelboat in the Port of Cork and take to the seas!
Royal Cork Yacht Club, Cove Sailing Club, Blackrock Saling Club, Monkstown Sailing Club, Kinsale Outdoor Education Centre, Sovereign Sailing, Sail Cork and the lovely AnnaEmily will all make it possible to give you a chance to learn a little about sailing.
You can head out for a sail aboard on the Royal Cork Yacht Club 1720 keelboats and step on board the AnnaEmily for a tour of how a large sailing boat ventures round our oceans and take the knot challenge in a Try Sailng Try Knotting challenge board.
No bookings this year. Just join us at the Port of Cork Marina Pontoon and join the queue.
- Fri 7 June – 10 till 5
- Sat 8 June – 10 till 3
- Sun 9 June – 3 till 5
- The stand will be open all day Friday and Saturday for passers-by to come and chat and step on board Anna Emily.
- Our stand is given to the swimmers on Sunday, so, unfortunately, we cannot exhibit from the stand but will be on board the Anna Emily on the pontoon.
- Limited to ages 5plus
There will be –
- 1720 keelboats coming from Royal Cork to bring people on Try Sailing sailing sessions up the river. This will be run on a rotation basis for queued attendees. No timetable, to bookings.
- The lovely yacht “AnnaEmily” will be on the pontoon for people to step on board for a guide to how a large yacht works and talk to the skipper about how to sail and where you can go with a yacht.
- Powerboats will be on the marina for safety cover.
- Visitors can make the Try Sailing Try Knotting Challenge on the stand.
- Irish Sailing professionals and volunteers from the local clubs and centres will be on hand to “Talk Sailing” and advise visitors on where they can Try and how.
See you there.