20 clubs and centres now booked in ... is yours?
Agenda now published
After the success of the inaugural Club Symposium last year Irish Sailing is planning a bigger and better together conference focusing how we connect with our members and create a tribal culture as we adapt to changing times. The symposium is aimed at people in your club and centre throughout the country who are passionate ‘doers’, growth promoters, media managers and organisational leaders. Our aim is to:
- Connect and learn as a group by sharing our experiences through small group sessions facilitated by experienced club volunteers.
- Looking at innovative training products around the country and rethinking the promotion of their club / centre using digital media.
- “Your voice your say” together forge the way for the future of Sailing in our organisations, following on from last year’s stop start continue session
The day is scheduled to give attendees ample opportunity to network with like minded doers, the facilitated workshops will be short and in small groups to give each attendee a chance to attend all workshops and actively engage in the sharing and a panel discussion with group tasks developing strategic plans for Irish Sailing. This event is FREE with a lunch deal available on the day.
"Are you in? " Book Here ...
Email Ciaran Murphy to find out if your club or centre is joining this "Club Growth Day" email@example.com
- Date: Saturday 23rd March 2019
- Location: The Hodson Bay Hotel - Athlone
- Timing: 10:00-16:00
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Registration
- 10:00 - 10:20 Welcome & “Why are we here?” – Nikki Curran from Sligo Yacht Club & Irish Sailing Board Member
- 10.20 - 10.30 Motivational Speaker Tom Murray Foynes Yacht Club ex Commodore talks about how the club connects and works together to succeed in recent major projects and developments
- 10:30 - 11:30 Break Out Facilitated Workshop - Session 1 - see workshops below
- 11.30 – 11.45 Coffee Break
- 11.45 – 12.20 Break Out Facilitated Work Shop - Session 2 - rotate
- 12.20 – 13.00 Break Out Facilitated Work Shop - Session 3 - rotate
- 13.00 – 13.45 Lunch13.45 – 14.30 Training Initiatives / Pathway Panel Discussion looking at developing our programmes.14.30 – 16.00 Stop Start Continue will be an outcome of session
- Coffee break thrown in as an energiser whenever suits best
- 16:00 Finish
(agenda may be subject to changes)
Break Out Facilitated Workshops
- Promoting & Advertising your organisation using Digital Presence with Kevin Leonard of Royal Irish Yacht Club Member & Skipper/Powerboat Instructor with Gosailing.ie and George Kingston of Kinsale KYC, RCYC and RstGYC Member
- Managing your Members using Online Booking Systems, Sample of building Club Connections with its members with Ciaran O’Brien Director of Gartan Outdoor Education and Training Centre & Gail MacAllister Irish Sailing Development and Digital Marketing
- Your Voice Your Say the Future of Irish Sailing, facilitate forging groups identifying possibilities with Maeve Buckley of Schull Harbour Sailing Club Member and a board member of the Federation of Irish Sport and Treasa Cox, Irish Sailing Head of Communications
2018 Club Attendees Included ...
Rush SC, Sligo YC, Bellacragher BC, Blessington Lake SC, Kinsale YC, Cullaun SC, Royal Cork YC, Lough Derg YC, Wicklow SC, Cullaun SC, Clifden SC, Poolbeg YC, Royal St George YC, Foynes YC, Marble Hill BC, Royal Cork YC, Kinsale YC, Poolbeg YC, Irish National Sailing Club, Royal Irish YC, ISKC, Glandore Harbour YC, Mullaghmore SC, Dun Laoghaire Motor YC, Sailing in Dublin, Lough Derg YC, Bantry Bay SC, Mullaghmore SC, Sailing in Dublin, Sligo YC, Howth YC, Mullaghmore SC, Irish Canoeing, Killaloe SC, Cullaun SC, Glandore Harbour YC, Marble Hill BC, Greystones SC, Foynes YC, Swords DC, Killaloe SC, Howth YC, Waterford Harbour SC, Royal St George YC, Irish Squib Forum, Swords DC, Bantry Bay SC, Inniscarra SC, Royal Cork Yacht Club, Fireball Class.
Quotes from 2018 ...
"Excellent opportunity to network and share ideas"
"Loved the chance to collaborate face to face"
"Using the wealth of experience in the room was amazing"