An Irish Sailing Training Centre is an organisation that has, in partnership with Irish Sailing, undertaken to provide quality tuition and training to national and international standards.
Irish Sailing certified training courses can only be run at accredited Irish Sailing Training Centres, by suitably-qualified staff, who follow the relevant national syllabus, use appropriate well-maintained equipment and have adequate safety support. Irish Sailing through its Inspectors continuously monitor it’s recognised centres to ensure that operating standards are being maintained.
Benefits of Becoming an Irish Sailing Training Centre?
- Referrals from the Irish Sailing office, our website as well as Irish Sailing promotional materials and group marketing efforts provide many centres with their primary source of clients.
- In advertising you can use Irish Sailing Training Centre logo, an internationally recognised mark of quality, to promote your recognised courses.
- Your clients may be familiar already with Irish Sailing courses and syllabi having already done courses with you, or elsewhere and now wish to move onto the next stage with you.
- Through Irish Sailing you can access information and expertise on all aspects of your waterside operation.
- Using Irish Sailing Trained staff will improve safety standards, raise customer satisfaction and help reduce equipment damage and running costs.
- National Governing Body approval is a requirement for many customers particularly those from Education Authorities.
- Irish Sailing provides logbooks, certification and support material for all its courses. These are available at discount from Irish Sailing for you to retail to your clients.
- Irish Sailing is currently the only organisation in Ireland providing a quality / safety assurance programme for activity centres.
- Irish Sailing accreditation can significantly reduce your insurance costs.
- Irish Sailing Training Centres have access to the “Instructor and Course Provider” section of the Irish Sailing’s website, providing valuable support and information on the implementation of Irish Sailing Training and Coaching programmes.
How do your Clients Benefit?
- Participants on an Irish Sailing course will be taught using a step by step syllabus, used and approved throughout Ireland. This means they can become proficient at their chosen sport using defined stages which can be transferred to any Irish Sailing Training Centre around the country.
- The certificate your clients receive upon successful completion of their training course is the most widely recognised Irish certificate available, both nationally and internationally. Irish Sailing courses have formal recognition from the Irish Government.
- Participants on an Irish Sailing recognised course know that the centre has undertaken to maintain standards of equipment and facilities in line with those defined by Irish Sailing. This covers aspects such as sailing and safety boats through to changing facilities and wetsuits. Irish Sailing through its Inspectors continuously monitors its Training Centres to ensure that operating standards are being maintained.
- All instructors working on Irish Sailing approved courses have been trained by Irish Sailing appointed personnel according to a comprehensive Irish Sailing training programme. This means that the course participant should be receiving the best instruction possible using the most up to date methods.
- Irish Sailing provides certification and supporting literature for all courses. These can be purchased from the Irish Sailing office by the centres and certificates must be issued to all successful participants by the centre.
What do I Need to Do?
For an Irish Sailing New Training Centre Information Pack please call Nuala in the Irish Sailing office. Included in the Pack is:
- Training Centre Recognition Requirements Document;
- Policies & Procedures Manual;
- Application Form to Become an Irish Sailing Training Centre;
- Application Form for Garda Vetting (Required for the incoming Centre Principal); and
- A list of Irish Sailing Training Centre Recognition Fees for the relevant year.
Upon receipt of your Information Pack and before you complete and return any documentation to us, we would be delighted to arrange an on-site visit for you with a member of the Irish Sailing Training Team:
Gail MacAllister, Regional Development Officer (South)
Ciarán Murphy, Regional Development Officer (Dublin & North)
Sarah-Louise Rossiter, Regional Development Officer (East & South East)
+353 (0)1 271 0114
Visit the Library for Course Documentation