What will you learn on an Irish Sailing Senior Instructor course?
- Risk control & Crisis management
- Quality assurance
- Management skills
- Recognition requirements and administration
- Knowledge of Irish Sailign training products
- And a hell of alot more
Are you eligible to become a Senior Instructor?
The Pre-Requisites to becoming and Irish Sailing Senior Instructor for all courses are:
- A valid Irish Sailing Instructor Certificate in the relevant discipline ie: SBSS, Go! Windsurfing, Powerboat or Inland,Waterways Scheme;
- An instructor Endorsement (Racing, Adventure, K&W, New Advanced) or have completed a Pre-entry assesment within 12 months;
- Be at least 19 years old;
- A recommendation from a Club Officer or Centre Principal;
- A recommendation from a Senior Instructor;
- Valid First Aid Certificate from an approved course;
- Sport Ireland Safe Guarding 1;
- Irish Sailing Safety Boat Course; and
- Your Logbook with at least 50 days (for SBSS or Go! Windsurfing) / 26 days (for Powerboat or Inland Waterways) working as an Irish Sailing Instructor teaching the relevant Irish Sailing courses spread over 2 seasons in 2 or more different organisations.
All here https://www.sailing.ie/Training/Instructors/Senior-Instructor
- Howth Yacht Club 16th March 2019
- Lough Derg Yacht Club 17th June 2019
There will be a closing date on bookings, so if you are interested please make sure you get yourself booked on. Thank you.