All Training Centres must have a “Centre Principal”.
This is the person who has overall responsibility for the implementation of Irish Sailing accredited training and coaching activities within the organisation. When nominating the Centre Principal the following points should be noted:
- The Centre Principal is responsible to Irish Sailing for the conduct of Irish Sailing accredited activities within that organisation including the issuing of certificates on behalf of Irish Sailing.
- The Principal must clearly understand the requirements of Irish Sailing as to the proper running of an Irish Sailing Training Centre as laid out in the Irish Sailing Recognition Requirements and elsewhere.
The Centre Principal Can:
- Manage the content and appearance of an organisation’s profile page;
- List and schedule planned courses for potential customers to view;
- Populate scheduled courses; and
- Certify scheduled courses.
The Centre Principal is the primary contact for Irish Sailing and will be the person with whom the Irish Sailing communicates. The Centre Principal may however nominate and inform Irish Sailing of other people assuming some of these roles within the organisation.
To Become an Irish Sailing Centre Principal
For an Irish Sailing New Centre Principal Information Pack please call the Irish Sailing office. Included in the Pack is:
- Training Centre Recognition Requirements Document;
- Policies & Procedures Manual;
- Application Form to Become an Irish Sailing Centre Principal; and
- Application Form for Garda Vetting (Required for the incoming Centre Principal).
Upon receipt of your completed Application Form, we will be delighted to arrange an on-site visit for you with a member of Irish Sailing Training Team.
+353 (0)1 271 0114