Preparing for your Centre Inspection
What Happens First?
The Centre Principal will be contacted by Irish Sailing Inspector to arrange a suitable time and date for the Inspection.
What Do I Do Next?
You will need to download and print out the Training Centres Inspection Checklist in the Guidelines section of our Library. You should run through this document and ensure that you have all the requirements listed in place and available for the Inspector to see.
You will need to read through the following two documents.
- Irish Sailing Training Centre Recognition Requirements
Go through this document carefully. Make sure you are maintaining high standards of coaching, your facilities and equipment are safe and up to standard, make sure you are maintaining Irish Sailing ratios and make sure you are adhering to Operating Requirements for each of the schemes you are running. The Inspection Checklist will help you do this. This document is available to download and print from the Online Library.
- Irish Sailing Policies & Procedures Manual:
Go through this document carefully. If you are missing any documentation such as safety statements, risk assessments, course programmes, etc. this document will help you update or write new ones. This document is available to download and print from the Online Library.
Go to Library
The Recognition Requirement and Policies & Procedures are large documents. Call the Irish Sailing Office on 01 2800239 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to post copies to you.
During the Centre Inspection
The day the Inspector visits, you should:
- Run as normal. The Inspector wants to see you doing what you usually do.
- Have available all boats for the Inspector to see. All powerboats and cruising yachts should be afloat, fully equipped and available for use.
- Ensure that the Centre Principal, Senior Instructor or Junior Organiser are available.
While with you the Inspector will:
- Want to spend some time afloat looking at sessions running. They will also need to spend some time ashore running through administration requirements.
- Be checking that your Centre and courses are safe and running in accordance with Irish Sailing requirements.
- Provide feedback to you aimed at assisting you in developing your training courses and running them in a safe manner.
- Agree action items with completion dates.