There Are So Many Ways You Can Help to "Turn the Tide On Plastic"
Here are a few ideas to get you started next time you hit the water ...
- Say no to straws
- Avoid products with microbeads (e.g. toothpastes, beauty products)
- Choose products with no or less packaging
- Bringing own take-out containers
- Remembering reusable or bio-degradable bags
- Use a refillable water bottle and having a water refill tap available
- Avoiding pre-packed lunches in plastic bags for sailors on the water
- Reuse cutlery and crockery (avoid disposable plastics)
- Bars of soap instead of soap in a bottle
- Jugs of water and glasses at meetings instead of individual plastic bottles
- A “leave no waste” policy which include penalties for competitors that are caught leaving waste (biodegradable or not) behind them
- Use and return trolley tags for re-use
We’ll add to this list with your ideas – so let us know what you do to avoid plastics ! email Gail on email@example.com
Did you know that Chillys Bottles give Irish Sailing Members a 10% discount on their amazing insulated bottles? Check em out here.
Here are just a few of the organisations and initiatives that may have something for you ...
The Clean Coasts is programme run by An Taisce and has a dumber of initiatives and campaigns you can join to make a differience -
- Join your local Clean Coast group or set one up
- #2minute Beach Clean
- Think before you fush
- Beat the Micro Bead
- A wide variety of competitions, talks and awards.
Take a browse through http://cleancoasts.org/ to find a programme that fits your life
Sailors For The Sea
Sailors For The Sea is a non profit organisation that helping to share a greater awareness of how to care for our oceans. One of their initiatives is Clean Regattas, which will give you and your events ...
- Best Practice Guides
- Green Team advice
- Publicity Advice
Find out more here https://www.sailorsforthesea.org/programs/clean-regattas
Volvo Ocean Race Sustainability Message
The Volvo Ocean Race is spreading the message of plastic polution as they sail round the world with ...
You can see all the action and ideas on how you can make a differenc here https://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/sustainability.html