Code of Practice
The Safe Operation of Recreational Craft
Irish Sailing are pleased to have contributed to the development of the new Code of Practice.
The Code is a valuable source of information, advice and best practice operational guidance for owners, masters, operators and users of a range of pleasure and recreational craft operating in Irish coastal and inland waters, including:
- Sail and Motor Boats Sailing Dinghies
- Personal watercraft (e.g. jet skis) Power boats
- Canoes, Kayaks Rowing Boats
- Charter Boats Ski boats and dive boats
- Windsurfers, Stand-Up Paddle Board users and other non-powered craft.
The Code of Practice is available free of charge and copies of English and Irish versions may be requested from the Maritime Safety Policy Division of the Department at email@example.com
Download a full copy here –
Go direct to Safety On The Water for pdf dowloads of individual chapters in English and Irish http://www.safetyonthewater.ie/booklets/Recreational-Craft-Code