Requesting Nominations for Advanced Boat Handling and Senior Instructors for 2018 Season
Now that the peak of the season has passed we’d like to identify those instructors you’ve noticed who stand out as the potential Senior Instructors and Advanced Instructors of the future. To try and increase the available number of SIs and AIs for next summer we are asking each Club and Training to nominate specific candidates who they feel would be good candidates for SI or AI training. We can then contact them directly to ensure they are familiar with all of the requirements, keep them updated with upcoming course dates and encourage them onto courses.
The SI and AI roles are very different and while there are some who will be very good in either most will be more suited to undertaking one in particular initially and may well progress to the other at a later stage. If you are unsure which category your potential candidates fall into have a think about the following:
A good AI candidate is an instructor who is completing their second season or 1 long (8+ week) season. They are a highly competent technical sailor with a wide range of experience in a variety of boats. They are the ones who create a real buzz with their sailors and are always trying to develop their skills.
A good SI candidate is an instructor with two seasons experience in a couple of different locations. They are a solid capable sailor with good planning and organisational skills. They have a strong sense of responsibility and particularly good safety awareness. They work really well with others of all ages and abilities and have an ability to bring people together to get things done.
Please email you nomination with their contact information to email@example.com with nomination AI or SI in the subject.
The next Senior Instructor course currently scheduled is ….
- Commencing Sunday 3rd September, 5 days, Irish Sailing controlled price of €330.
- Baltimore Sailing Club
- Local hostel budget accommodation available.
- Bus Eireann 237 will get you there
- It is essential you book on line in the Irish Sailing shop asap to secure a place on this course.
- Shop booking link – https://www.sailing.ie/product/senior-instructor-course-3rd-september-2017-course-codes-592229235924/
- Further info – https://www.sailing.ie/advanced-and-senior-instructor-planning/
- 237 bus – http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1480092071-237.pdf
Deadline to book is Friday 25th August at 13:00. Thanks.
Contact Dave Garvey with any questions on Instructor Training – firstname.lastname@example.org