ISA Junior Programme Seminar
- Irish Institute of Sport, Abbotstown, Dublin 15
- February 4th & 5th
- 10:00 – 16:30
- €40 per sailor
The seminar is targeting junior sailors born between 2001 and 2005 who are passionate about their sailing and want to learn important skills which will help with their overall development in the sport, it does not matter what boat they currently sail.
The aim of the seminar is to provide our young sailors with knowledge in important non sailing specific topics that are crucial to performing well in sailing as they mature. We have learned that the earlier sailors understand and begin to adopt the habits of experienced performers the more they improve develop and ultimately enjoy competing in the sport.
Topics covered in the seminar will include.
- Functional movement assessment carried out by the Sports Med Ireland professionals.
- Sport Psychology.
- Nutrition for sailing.
- What is the ISA Performance Pathway?
- Progressing through classes and choosing the right boat.
- What is the ISA Laser Radial & 420 Academy? How to get selected.
Attending the seminar will also count as part of a new sailing credits system which will count towards sailors selection for the ISA Laser and 420 Academies later in the sailors career.
The seminar will run from 10am – 4:30pm each day, and the cost is €40 per sailor.
Apply here before 23rd January –