Sponsored by Union Chandlery
Saturday 20th February 2016
10am to 5pm
Howth Yacht Club
Limited availability. Book here http://isacruisingconference.eventbrite.ie/ – SOLD OUT – Why not join us for the Skipper’s Supper.
Plenty of availability for the evening bash. Blow out the winter land locked blues and join the crew for an evening of good food and sailors tales at the a Skipper’s Supper at Howth Yacht Club, 19:00. Everyone is welcome. €25 – must be booked in advance here http://isacruisingconference.eventbrite.ie/
Supported by the fabulous fishmongers on Howth Pier, Nicky’s Plaice – the plaice for fresh fish and friendly service on Howth Pier.
- Eddie Nicholson and Crew Share their incredible adventures Cruising Greenland
- Electronic Navigation – potential pitfals, Raster v Vector with Norman Kean Fellow of the Royal Institute of Navigation, ICC Publications Editor and experienced yachtsman
- Women at the Helm ” Get out and do it” with Adventure Sailor & Writer Daria Blackwell
- Coastal Safety Protocols and Activities with Director of the Irish Coastguard Chris Reynolds
- Break Out Sessions – your cruising experiences, problems, discoveries shared
- Club buffet lunch will be available €15
- Cruising in Company with Cruising Association of Ireland
- INFOMAR & Hydrography activity 2015 – a sailing perspective with Cruising sailor Vera Quinlan of INFOMAR (Marine Institute)
- Whales & Wildlife Hot Spots & Protocol with Irish Whale and Dolphin Group Acting CEO and Chief Science Officer Simon Berrow
- Managing New Crew with Round the World Sailor Pat Murphy
- Weather Charts and Forecast Sources with Willemien Phelan of Met Eireann, & cruising sailor, and Yachtmaster Instructor & pilot John Leahy
- Summary of Break Out Sessions and Open Discussion
(slight changes to the agenda may occur)
- ISA Members €10
- Non Members €15
- Delicious hot and cold club buffet lunch available €15
- Skipper’s Supper of fresh local produce – main and sweet, teas & coffes – €25
(All plus Eventbrite booking fee)
- Teas & Coffees Served Free during the conference
- Limited availability. Advance booking essential here http://isacruisingconference.eventbrite.ie/
Every delegate will be entered in to a draw for a full set of Offshore Gear and sign up for Union Chandlery Crew Card for monthly offers. Thanks Union Chandlery.
Plus, copies of ICC Publications courtesy of the Irish Cruising Club Publications
Goodie bags for all delegates too – thanks to INFOMAR, Failte Ireland, Dept of Transport, Union Chandlery.
Marine Hotel, Sutton Cross, are offering delegates a special room rate
of €69 for single occupancy and €99 for double. Contact them directly.