ISA Class Coaching Grant 2017
The ISA has agreed to set aside a fund to support professional coaching activities to assist in increasing racing participation for ISA affiliated classes, other than Olympic and Pathway classes. Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis as funds are limited due to budgetary constraints. The engagement of an ISA coach from the list of eligible coaches is required under the scheme to help grow and develop the Irish Coaching infrastructure to the benefit of all sailors. Any queries should be sent to the ISA Racing Department firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following conditions apply:
- The coaching must be available to all members of the Irish class association and be branded as a joint ISA & Class coaching event.
- The coaching must be in the boats of the class.
- Coaching sessions may take place at any time in Ireland before October 1, 2017.
- Applications will only be considered from associations that have paid their affiliation fee for 2017.
- The coaching event should take place in a pre-approved location, which is to be approved by Sarah-Louise Rossiter (email@example.com) or include location in your application form. Grant Application Form Here.
- Grants will not be awarded for retrospective coaching (i.e. activities that have already taken place).
- Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis as funds are limited due to budgetary constraints. A grant of up to €200 will be awarded for the use of a non-approved coach and up to €400 for the use of an approved coach.
- Grant payments will be made into the Class Association account only.
- ISA approved coaches may be employed under this grant scheme (see attached list below) and will attract a larger grant but non-approved coaches may be considered.
- Classes shall include a report with photographs before a grant will be paid and details of this report may be published. The report form is linked here: Grant Report Form Here.
- Application must be made at least two weeks before the coaching event begins.
Please note: It is the responsibility of the coaching organisers to ensure that all emergency care, safeguarding and insurance guidelines are adhered to throughout the coaching session.
Any queries, please contact Sarah-Louise Rossiter, Regional Development Officer by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org