posted on August 11, 2011 14:21
The ISA is re-developing the communications function within the organisation and has engaged Fiona Bolger who has previously worked on many of the major international yachting events including TP52 Med Cup, Volvo Ocean Race and Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
To assist in this work we are recruiting an intern for a four month period from September to December to train with Fiona and ISA Communications Officer Rachel Solon.
The ideal candidate is a PR, journalism or marketing graduate who is a self starter and has a knowledge and interest in watersports. Duties will include:
1. Management of media and stakeholder databases
2. Photo gallery/video management
3. E-marketing skills - updating websites, Facebook, Linkedin You Tube twitter etc
4. Preparation of draft releases
5. Syndication of releases and photographs
6. Assisting with press briefings/events
7. Assisting with design and manufacture of print collateral
8. Assisting with presentation development
The intern will receive considerable training in sports PR and will have developed the skills to apply for jobs in marketing/pr after the internship.
There is no remuneration with this position. An allowance may be paid to cover incidental expenses.
If you are interested or have any further queries please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org