posted on May 21, 2014 16:04
A day in the life of an ISA Regional Development Officer is never the same. Our two gems; Gail and Ciaran work incredibly hard supporting Clubs and Centres around the country to increase their participation levels. Here are a few of the activities the pair have been working on over the past couple of months...
- Development Matrix - They've been busy preparing a matrix to help Clubs write new development plans that are specifically tailored to suit their members.
- Training - They've run Cara na Mara, First Aid, Disabled Inclusion, Code of Ethics and New Centre workshops and training days.
- Disabled Sailing - They've been developing a national competition and club as well as providing support to Club's already running programmes.
- WOWI - They've been working on setting up this year's WOWI initiative.
- Coastal Infrastructure - They've met with Coastal Engineers, had input to Failte Ireland's coastal tourism plan and represented leisure users regarding foreshore application changes.
- Presentations & Launches - They've supported Dungarvan Sailing Club with its new pontoon launch, RCYC's Training Centre of the Year promotion and Schull Harbour Sailing Club's Calves Week launch.
- Funding - They've met with Clubs to share funding opportunities and continued to strengthen their relationships with funding sources.
- Tax - They've held discussions with Customs over fuel duty.
- Sail Spree - They supported Clubs and Centres with the development of their Sail Spree events.
- ISA SailFleet Dinghies - They've been delivering trailers of dinghies the length and breadth of the country as well as conducting repairs and refits.