Have you registered your WOWI event yet? Let's make 2014 a bumper year to Get the Girls on Board!
WOWI (Women on the Water Ireland)
is and ISA initiative, as part of the Irish Sports Council's Women in Sport programme, aimed at encouraging more women to try sailing, windsurfing and powerboating in their local Club or Training Centre.
New for 2014 - We have women's Slim Fit Buff goody bags to give away to organisations running events (on a first come first served basis). So what are you waiting for? Register now here. These packs have kindly been provided by www.buffwear.com.
Click here to Register
We've also partnered again with Action Breast Cancer for WOWI to combine introducing more ladies to water activities with raising funds for a charity close to many hearts. We encourage ladies who participate in an event to kindly donate €10 towards Irish Cancer Society but this is completely optional. Each organisation can chose what works best for their own event.
Register Now & Get:
- Promotion on the WOWI Facebook page www.facebook.com/WomenOnTheWaterIreland
- An event page on the WOWI website www.sailing.ie/wowi
- Targeted Facebook advertising campaign.
- WOWI logos to help you create your own promotial material.
- ISA PR Toolkit.
- Buff Good Bag including women's slim fit buffs, DVDs, Buff mobile wipes and stickers.
- Action Breast Cancer and Cancer Society balloons.
In return we ask that organisers complete the feedback survey once your event has taken place. This must include pictures of your event and women wearing the Buffs.
Why have a WOWI event?
This initiative is to encourage more females to Get on Board and help you boost your participation levels. Linking your event to Action Breast Cancer gives you an added hook to inspire a whole new market place of women to come and join in the fun for a good cause. It gives you you the opportunity to raise some funds for a great charity close to many peoples hearts AND gives the club a great PR opportunity before and after the event.
Here are a few ideas:
- Ladies Regatta Day - Everyone in pink, at least one lady on board.
- Women's Powerboat Training Course - Women can feel intimidated on mixed powerboat training courses. Get them together for a fun day on the water.
- Get the Girls Day - Encourage your members to all invite a female friend, family member, colleague to join them for a day of sailing.
- Women's Wednesdays or Mums on Mondays - Get the mums out on the water.
- Charity Ladies Series - Dedicate one of your existing events to the ladies and Action Breast Cancer, raise funds, invite the ladies and have fun.