ISA SailFleet is delighted to announce that following the J80 tender process, conducted in December 2013 and January 2014, Royal Cork Yacht Club and Howth Yacht Club will be chartering the fleet in 2014 / 2015.
The board of ISA SailFleet are delighted to announce that after a successful year’s activity in 2013, Howth Yacht Club will be hosting the fleet again in 2014 / 2015. In addition, Royal Cork Yacht Club will be hosting the “ISAF Women’s Match Racing World Championships” from 3rd-8th of June 2014 and the J80s will be the fleet used for this prestigious regatta.
Whilst ISA SailFleet received a number of other enquiries regarding hosting the fleet, only two formal proposals were submitted. ISA SailFleet is delighted to be able to accommodate all proposals received and looks forward to working with Howth Yacht Club and Royal Cork Yacht Club throughout the next year, from 1st April 2014 to 31st March 2015.
HYC were very pleased with their usage of the J80 fleet in 2013, which helped to increase participation and enjoyment. Some of the key J80 events included:
- Sail training and keelboat coaching for juniors, teenagers and adults
- Club racing & events
- Open events (including ISA Helmsman’s Senior Championships, Autumn League, Brass Monkeys, HYC Regatta and Lambay Race )
- Sail Spree Open Day
- ICRA National Development Day
- Corporate days and team building
- Match Racing Challenge / Nationals
- J80 Junior Evening
- J80 Ladies Evening
- Northside vs Southside Challenge during the Dun Laoghaire Open Regatta
- Spring Warmers / Student Yachting World Cup Qualification Event
- Open National Keelboat Team Racing Championship
- Members Club Championship
Howth Yacht Club would also encourage all enquiries from other clubs in respect of sailing the boats and the club's plan to host Inter-Club events in 2014. All such enquiries should be made to the HYC Sailing Committee.
ISA SailFeet would also welcome all enquiries about how you and your club could benefit from the J80s and the opportunities that exist. Please contact Laura Dillon (email@example.com)
and she would be delighted to assist you.