posted on January 24, 2014 12:34
DCU are hosting a series of Sports Coaching Master Classes over the coming weeks. There are a limited number of spaces so please book early - €35 for the three workshops.
These workshops offer the opportunity to learn from highly successful elite coaches who are happy to share their own experiences, ideas and methods with aspiring coaches and interested parties. The format and content will be suitable for coaches and managers (and interested parties) from all sporting backgrounds.
- Leadership in coaching
- Developing a performance environment in your coaching setting
- Creating successful teams
- Self development for the good of your athletes and teams
- Wednesday 12th February 7.30 - 10pm
- Wednesday 26th February 7.30 - 10pm
- Wednesday 12th March 7.30 - 10pm
Each session will consist of two presentations delivered by highly experienced coaches / managers followed by a discussion forum at the end. There will be a short break between each session and refreshments will be provided.
A number of different contributors from various sports have been carefully selected to cover the areas chosen.
- Billy Walsh – European, World and Olympic medal winning boxing coach and leader of the Irish Boxing High Performance Unit. Former Coach of the Year.
- Liam Sheedy – Manager to Tipperary’s All Ireland winning hurling team.
- Gary Keegan – Irish Institute of Sport Chief and the coach responsible for developing the high performance unit of Irish Boxing.
- Rory Fitzpatrick - Coach to Annalise Murphy, Ireland’s recently crowned European Champion and Olympic sailor