The ISA is very pleased to announce that Howth Yacht Club had a very successful year working with SailFleet Ltd and hosting the ISA’s eight J80 keelboats since the 1st of April 2013.
The ISA and SailFleet Ltd are delighted to announce that the J80s within SailFleet will be maintained as a “National Fleet” until at least 2015. The ISA and SailFleet Ltd are very pleased to have worked with Howth Yacht Club over the past 12 months and all parties are delighted with the successful outcome and the positive results achieved
Howth Yacht Club is very pleased with their usage of the J80 fleet in 2013 and some of the key J80 events included:
- Sail training and keelboat coaching for juniors, teenagers and adults
- Club racing and events
- Open events (including ISA All Ireland Championship, Autumn League, Brass Monkeys, HYC Regatta and Lambay Race)
- Sail Spree Open Day
- ICRA National Development Day
- Corporate days and team building
- Match Racing Challenge / Nationals
- J80 Junior Evening
- J80 Ladies Evening
- Northside vs Southside Challenge during the Dun Laoghaire Open Regatta
- Spring Warmers / Student Yachting World Cup Qualification Event
- Open National Keelboat Team Racing Championship
- Members Club Championship
Howth Yacht Club has officially expressed their interest in continuing to maintain the fleet in 2014/2015.
The SailFleet Board are now looking for proposals from other ISA affiliated organisations interested in hosting the J80 fleet in 2014/2015.
The J80s will be hosting the ISAF Women’s Match Racing Worlds in 2014 from the 3rd – 8th of June. The SailFleet Board has agreed that the fleet will be made available to Royal Cork Yacht Club for the regatta.
SailFleet Ltd would like to work with all ISA affiliated organisations to see how we can increase the utilisation of SailFleet and encourage more ISA members to participate in events in the J80s in 2014/2015. We are open to all ideas and very happy to discuss this further with any interested parties.
Please contact the SailFleet Chairperson (Ms. Laura Dillon, Mobile: 086 1643697, Email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any suggestions regarding SailFleet.
Please note that the fleet is extremely expensive to move around the country and this is why the decision was taken to try and manage the fleet in a single location, to see if this would make the fleet economically viable on an ongoing basis.