The ISA Dinghy / One Design Racing Advisory Group would like to hear from you, the sailors, on matters relating to the future of Dinghy and One Design racing in Ireland. On behalf of the chairman Margaret O’Donnell the ISA would like to extend an invitation to all sailors to attend and to contribute at the Dinghy & One Design Keelboats Convention.
Dinghy & One Design Keelboats Convention
Date: Saturday, 30th of November
Venue: JB Room in the National Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire
Chair: Margaret O’Donnell
This is a follow on meeting to the Classes Forum held in March which led to the ISA Board establishing a Dinghy / One Design Racing Advisory Group. At this meeting the Advisory Group will seek to inform and be informed by classes and clubs on some of the matters affecting their strategic growth.
Part 1 – Data
10.30am – 11.15am
1. Advisory Group presents its participation figures.
2. Classes to provide their figures for boats racing in fleets nationally.
3. What are the trends, are the figures reliable?
4. Feedback is needed from classes and clubs; what can they provide? How can we easily collect data on an ongoing basis?
Part 2 – Events
11.30am – 12.15pm
1. Are there too many events or not enough? Ideas for some events discussed.
2. Should / could some regional events be merged?
Part 3 – Growth
12.15pm – 13.00pm
1. How can we encourage youths in to senior classes? How can classes manage the transition?
2. How can the ISA help classes to help themselves?