The RS200 fleet is running a demo day at the Royal St George Yacht Club on Saturday the 2nd of November at 2pm. All welcome, please book a slot by emailing Heather on email@example.com
There will be five or six boats on the water, with one onshore to look over and a little windward / leeward course afloat to put the boats through their paces. The RS200 fleet is mainly located in Leinster with 22 boats in Greystones, seven in the Royal St George and a few more dotted around the country. Up north there are boats in Newcastle, Ballyholme, East Down, Royal North and Cushendal. There were 20 boats at the 2013 Nationals and new boats have been bought since. Regattas are highly sociable affairs as they are shared events with siblings the RS Feva and RS400.
The selling points for the RS200 are quite simple:
- High performance asymmetric non-trapeze double hander.
- Great build quality and value (excellent second hand boats €2,500 upwards). 8-10 year old boats have won the last two Irish Nationals
- Wide weight range 110-160 kgs, manageable for all ages and standards (hence big family involvement).
- The class is huge in the UK (so no resale risk) with 100+ boat National Championships and is also big in Scandinavia, US and Australia. See www.rs200sailing.org
- For the serious Irish racers, attractive overseas events in 2014 will include Carnac (Brittany), Lake Garda and Hayling Island in the UK.
Come along for a sail or even just a chat and a gander at the display boat. There will be a similar demo on the Northside of Dublin soon, venue and date to be decided, so that may suit some people later but all welcome on the 2nd of November. If attending the ISA Dinghy / One Design Keel;boat Convention at the NYC that morning it’s just 100 metres to the Royal St George.