The ISA would like to invite expressions of interest from clubs wishing to host the ISA Youth National Championships in 2013.
The ISA Youth Nationals has been Ireland’s most important youth regatta in recent times. The regatta hosts the main ISA Pathway classes in a four day regatta where sailors from their earliest years of racing can be side by side with the teams and classes they may sail in their future years. The ISA Youth Nationals is also the major selection event for the Irish ISAF Youth Worlds team, ISA 4.7 squad, ISA Topper squad, IODAI trials and an indicator event for the ISA Academy.
To host an event of such relevance to Irish sailing, a number of criterion are necessary to ensure it caters for the size and requirements of the event afloat as well as ashore. Primary Necessities
- 3 race course areas in safe sailing waters within max 40 mins sailing time of slipway (or alternative)
- Sufficient committee boat, finish boat and safety boat support to manage race course management and safety
- Launching / recovery facilities for 290 boats (2012 numbers): 420, Radial, 4.7, Topper, Optimist and Feva
- Available space for boat parking
- Sufficient changing facilities for competitors
- Experienced and qualified PRO and race officers to at least national level
- A majority of the protest committee shall be national judges approved by the ISA
- Experienced and qualified safety boats and personnel sufficient for the number of competitors
- Marks and equipment required to run racing according to the ISA Youth Nationals template SI’s
- Launching & recovery team of volunteers
- Race Office, Jury room, results room etc.
- Lecture room / conference facilities for guest speakers
- Parking for competitors, parents, trailers and camper vans
The host organisation is free to seek a title sponsor and other partnerships for the event in agreement with the ISA HP Director.
The host organisation may use entry fees to help support the running costs for the event. The maximum entry fee allowed is €80 for single handers and €120 for double handers.
The ISA will support the PR and media for the event.Response deadline
: 17th December 2012 Response address
: Rory Fitzpatrick, ISA Olympic, 3 Park Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co.Dublin. Email