posted on September 26, 2012 17:09
At the 2011 Fireball Worlds in Sligo, the Council and Executive of Fireball International took the decision to mothball the Class website and replace it with a much more dynamic site. This week the fruits of that decision have been delivered with the new website going.
The principal objective behind the new website has been to create a “One Stop Shop” for all things Fireball and in that vein, the following features have been built into the site:
- A live calendar feature which will allow regatta dates to be uploaded on a real-time basis.
- The ability to post regatta reports and other news items as a front page feature.
- The facility to post event galleries.
- The creation of features that will facilitate the administration of the class and allow event organisers to access pro-forma documentation so that a unified approach to the organization of events can be achieved.
- Facilities for vendors to advertise their products (boats, sails etc.) on the site.
- An ever-changing appearance using different photographs displayed “banner-style” to prevent the image the appearance becoming staid.
- The provision of Links to the various NCA websites and an undertaking to host websites for the smaller NCAs who may not have the resources for their own websites.
The new website www.fireball-international.com
retains the same address and is part of an overall initiative to market the Class more dynamically.
The website was built in Australia by Jono Kingston (www.muchmedia.com.au) under the management of the Marketing Director, Ben Schulz who also doubles up as the Rear Commodore Australia. The old site was very capably managed by the Immediate Past Commodore, Francois Schluchter of Switzerland and we thank him for the time and effort he put into it.