What is The Gathering?
The Gathering presents an opportunity to experience Ireland at its very best as the people of Ireland host an unprecedented year-long celebration of everything that is unique and great about Ireland.
Communities, villages, towns, organisations and businesses throughout Ireland are organising special gatherings and events to attract people with Irish connections from all over the world in 2013. With the focus on Ireland’s vibrant living culture, heritage and people it is a chance for everyone to experience Ireland like never before.
Everyone in Ireland is asked to reach out to their family, friends, colleagues and connections around the world and invite them home to be a part of specially organised events in their honour.
Consider organising your own Gathering within your organisation. Be sure to check out the other Gatherings, Festivals & events planned for your county and see how you andyour organisation can support them.
So what can you do to be part of it?
- The Gathering will only be as successful as the people in Ireland make it. So spread the word and make sure your family, friends and colleagues at home and abroad know about it.
- Special gatherings will be taking place near you in 2013 so link in with your community and support the events that are taking place in your area.
- Local steering groupsare being set up in every county to inform and help anyone with an interest in being involved. A public meeting will also be held in your area over the coming months so make sure you link in with your local steering group.
- The Gathering presents you with an opportunity to organise your own gathering in 2013. Why not plan an event that taps into your own networks overseas and invite them to Ireland to be part of it.
- You are encouraged to embrace The Gathering brand. It is your brand to use and we want everyone to have ownership of it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to the request The Gathering logo.
- While the success of The Gathering will depend on the people of Ireland getting behind it, it will be supported by a packed calendar of national and international events. Some of these will be entirely new events and some will be enhanced realisations of existing ones.
- Finally, please follow us online by: