posted on May 16, 2012 13:56
The Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport has been advised by Mayo County Council that it is again possible for boats to pass through Achill Sound, Co. Mayo; subject to the following procedures which the Council have put in place in relation to the opening of the Achill Sound Bridge:-
- Mayo County Council will require a minimum of two working days’ notice to open the bridge.
- Contact Mayo County Council, Belmullet office, by email at Belmullet@mayococo.ie or by telephone at Tel: +353-(0)97-81004, between 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm Monday to Friday, to give the required notice.
- Opening will be dependent on weather conditions.
- Opening shall be at high water and between the hours of 9.00am-3.30pm (Monday-Thursday), and 9.00am-2.30pm on Friday.
- Opening outside these hours and on public holidays will only take place in exceptional circumstances.