The Royal St. George Yacht Club, a world class yacht club since 1838, is seeking an Events Manager.
A demanding and rewarding role such as this requires an energetic and driven individual. A positive and hard working attitude alongside the desire to provide an excellent ‘customer’ experience will ensure that the successful candidate will thrive in this role. A minimum of three years experience is required, preferably from a 4* or 5* hotel background.
Meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong I.T. skills are essential.
Events Manager – Job Specification
General Scope and purpose:
- To manage and co-ordinate the smooth operation of the catering-events office, with main responsibility for the coordination of the Club’s major sailing events, weddings, private functions, and meetings.
- Liaise with Members and Event Organisers in the planning and organisation of Weddings, Major Sailing Events and ad hoc Social Events.
- Communicate and market the Club’s social programmes, dining options and private function facilities (weddings and corporate) and, in doing so, support the General Manager, Sailing Manager and Catering Office in achieving performance targets.
- Promote the function business of the Club to Club Members.
Reporting to the General Manager.
- As the catering contact for the Club, to ensure that all catering enquiries are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner while liaising with the primary contact/ organiser to ensure that all his/ her requirements are met and the correct booking procedure carried out at all times.
- To work with the General Manager in developing the Function Business in the Club. This is to include corporate and wedding business.
- To be responsible for updating and maintaining the Club’s ‘function diary’.
- Produce weekly function sheets and ‘Banquet Event Orders’ for each Club event and hold weekly briefing meetings with the Catering Operations Team to ensure the smooth running of all events within the Club.
- To produce catering revenue forecasts every two weeks.
- Participate in the organisation and running of the Club’s major sailing events and in particular the Club’s annual regatta, the junior regatta, the Dun Laoghaire combined regatta and the ISAF Youth Worlds in July 2012.
- Promote the Club’s bar and dining facilities to Members and their guests, through various forms of communication i.e. – posters, flyers, programmes, plasma screen, hymn boards, club emails and website with a view to increasing bookings and revenue.
- Produce the Club’s Spring, Summer and Autumn Social Programmes. This involves liaising, collating and drafting the programmes with all persons concerned to final completion.
- Support the Social & Catering Committee in marketing and promoting the events outlined in the Spring, Summer and Autumn Social Programmes.
- Keep the Club Website and additional micro sites up-to-date in regards to the Club’s Social Events & News (the sailing section of the website is maintained by the Sailing Manager).
- Use Social Media as a platform to keep in touch with Members – Twitter and Facebook.
- Research markets to identify opportunities for events in the Club and develop new approaches for increasing and attracting the function business to the Club.
Competitive salary based on experience.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Ann Gill, General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to Royal St. George Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.