posted on November 23, 2011 14:06
The ISA are pleased to announce that Gail MacAllister will be taking over from Denis Dillon as ISA Regional Development Officer and will begin work with the ISA on Monday the 5th of December.
Gail, who has owned and managed West Cork Sailing & Powerboating Centre & Boat House Café since 1998, has extensive knowledge of the of the ISA, its Clubs, Training Centres and Training Schemes as well as the general marine industry of Ireland, coastline and services. With a background on marketing, Gail has 19 years experience within the sailing industry and will no doubt be an asset to the ISA and its affiliated organisations.
As ISA Regional Development Officer for the south, Gail with work alongside ISA Regional Development Officer for the north Ciaran Murphy, in delivering the following:
• Work with ISA affiliated Clubs and accredited Training Centres to grow and develop their activities, customer base and membership.
• Promote and develop specific programmes and initiatives in line with ISA strategies, to increase the numbers of people participating in the sport.
• Develop links between Clubs, Training Centres and Local Sports Partnerships.
• Liaise with Local Authorities to promote water based activity locally.
• Improve communications and liaison between the ISA, Clubs and Training Centres.
Chief Executive of the ISA Harry Hermon remarked “The ISA’s Regional Development Programme was launched 12 months ago and already has seen results in helping clubs and training centres raise funds and develop initiatives to increase their membership. I am delighted to have Gail on the Regional Development Team and I know she will be a great asset to Clubs and Training Centres in the southern region.”