The day in the life of an RDO (Regional Development Officer) is never the same. We are here to support and help the clubs and centres round the country to increase their participation levels. Here are a few of the activities we have been working on the past few months -
- Development Matrix - preparing a matrix to help clubs write a new development plan that suits their members.
- Training - Cara na Mara training, First Aid, Disabled Inclusion, Code of Ethics, new centre.
- Disabled Sailing - development of national competition and club / support.
- WOWI - setting up the WOWI campaign.
- Coastal Infrastructure - discussions with Coastal Engineers; input to Failte Ireland survey; representations for leisure users regarding foreshore application changes.
- Presentations & Launches - Dungarvan Sailing Club's new pontoon launch, RCYC training centre of the year, Schull Harbour Sailing Club Cork Dry Gin Calves Week launch.
- Funding - sharing funding opportunities, relationship building with funding sources.
- Tax - discussions with customs over fuel duty.
- Sail Spree - supporting clubs in development of their Sail Spree event.
- Sail Fleet - deliveries, repairs and refits.
If you would like advice or a visit from your Ciaran or Gail, please just contact us by email or phone.