posted on November 05, 2013 13:57
An amazing summer of high temperatures and enthusiastic sailing is over and as we look forward to 2014 it is time to think about instructor employment. We thought you might like a few tips to help find the right instructors for your organisation -
- Register you vacancies on the ISA Jobs Board - give as much detail as you can and do separate the different jobs you have to offer.
- It is important to give the potential employees an opportunity to get a picture of life at your club or centre, so create an employment page on your web site, here is a sample employment page on our Nemo site.
- Post your vacancies to the Instructor Facebook.
- The Training Centre Policies and Procedures document has a sample reference form and employment application form (pages 38 to 40).
- Guarda Vetting is soon upon us - ALL adults (17yrs plus) working with children will NEED to be vetted, so we recommend you start the process now with existing employees and volunteers. If vetted through the ISA it is valid for employment in any ISA organisation. See our guide.
- Small training centre with short season? Talk to the local clubs and centres to see if you can share an SI and or the instructors. Speak to Gail or Ciaran if you want help making contact.
- Train from within - see the training departments Instructor courses scheduled. If the course you want is not here please do contact Nuala - email@example.com
- If you are having problems finding the right instructor, please inform Nuala and ourselves in plenty of time, so we can help.